Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) from midnight on the day of surgery unless otherwise directed by the surgeon at your consultation appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- A responsible guardian or parent must accompany ALL PATIENTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 to the office, remain in the office for the full duration of the procedure and drive the patient home.
- ALL SEDATED PATIENTS need to be supervised by a responsible adult for 24 hours after the procedure.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with your surgeon prior to your surgical date for instructions.